Wednesday, November 25, 2020

"Desirelessness is Wisdom." Ramani Maharshi, Hindu Sage, Who Am I?

"Desirelessness is Wisdom." 

Ramani Maharshi, Hindu Sage

Who Am I? 


"Desirelessness is wisdom. The two are not different.  Desirelessness is refraing from turning the mind towards any object. Wisdom means the appearnace of no object. Not seeking what is other than the Self is detachment or desirelessness.

Not leaving the Self is wisdom."

Who Am I? p.15

Ramani  Maharshi

I found Ramani Maharshi's teachings first at Hridaya Yoga Mexico in Mazunte, Mexcio on the Pacifici Coast in 2017. https://hridaya-yoga.com/  This beautifull, joyfull, youthfull community was founded and led by the happy and transcendent guru, Sahajananda, originally of Romania in Eastern Europe. 

He is a real guru!!! Pure love! 

Light shines from his body when he meditates. I got burned by it during meditation by being too close. It also lifted my own level of consciousness tremendously!!!!! After getting up the courage to do a one on one consultation session with him, his energy of holiness was so strong that I could not speak.

He is truly a real guru. Loveable, easy going, enlightened, holy, beyond wise and love itself. 

Recently, he and others opened up a new Yoga practice center, the real spiritual yoga, in central France about an hour east of Lyon by car. https://hridaya-yoga.fr/ 

I practised there for the first time this past winter and early spring (2020) for about 6 weeks, after practicing at Plum Village outside of Bordeaux also for about 6 weeks. My results were truly transcendent. 

I had no idea yoga was such a powerfull spiritual practice. 

I have done it much of my life (my mom put me in yoga classes when I was a child at our central YWCA in Columbus, Ohio), but I never knew it could shine the light of awareness on our suffering and heal it!!! It was powerful. It was a powerful awakening practice. 


By the end of my time there, the 'world' had started to slow down just like it had at Plum Village in 2014 right before it all disapppeared and the voice boomed out: "All there is is consciousness. Consciousness is all there is." I clearly perceived that all these images I saw were just that: images, and that they had absolutely no meaning or connection, but were completely meaningless and completely disjointed, not connected, contary to my "normal perception"  in the world!!!! It was such a relief!!!!! It was such a relief to step put of the miserable story my mind was telling of WHATEVER; there are so many stories. i.e., love, treachery, betrayal, and so on and so on. 

Are the stories infinite? It often feels as if they are, and they are the cause of so much suffering and dis-ease. It was such a relief to so profoundly sink out of the mind, my collective thoughts, into actual reality!!! Nothingness, no stories, images with no meaning, meaninglessness. It felt so good. It was such a relief!!! I had hoped to continue practicing so even the images would disappear as they did back in 2014 at my first retreat at Plum Village, when these images and the whole world all together disappeared and all that was left was pure consciousness, awareness itself. 

While afterwords "I" was overwhelmed; I also experienced a calm not of this world, truly divine. However, I had to leave before that happened unfortunately!!! My 3 month visa was expiring and the center was closing for the Coronavirus. I would have to complete my practice on my own and I have, in the stillness of the quarantine and after. 

Ramani Maharshi is an Indian Hindu sage. As a teenager, about 17 I believe it was, he had a profound awakening after almost dying from a sudden illness. Afterwwords, he left his family and home and went to a sacred Hindu site in India, Arunachala, a mountain. After years of silence and throwing himself on the mercy of the hill, he and the small community of other holy ones that grew up around him, came down from Arunachala and started a village there which has become a holy site for pilgrims. 

He finally started to talk again but very little. 

This story is based upon the book, Heart is thy Name, Oh Lord, a collection of his teachings passed on in silence and put into words by various of his students. This book succeeds in sharing his teachings authentically with few words and beautiful pictures ot both the human guru and the natural guru, the mountain of Arunachala and its environs, themselves.

Recommended to all who must know the ultimate truth and whose foremost desire is to leave the world of illusions forever and truly enter the kingdom of heaven. You can buy this book and others very affordably at Hridaya Yoga France. It is much more expensive, 10x's or more, elsewhere. 
















No comments:

Post a Comment